Father charged in death of 4-year-old son in LaPorte County
LAPORTE COUNTY, Ind. (WNDU) - 28-year-old Alan Morgan is being charged with murder and multiple felony counts of neglect of a dependent following the death of his 4-year-old son, Judah.
Deputies found a child dead inside a home in the 3100 east block of CR 875 South in rural Union Township early Monday morning.
According to the LaPorte County Sheriff’s Office, the death of Judah was ruled a homicide after an autopsy was conducted Tuesday.
Later in the day, detectives presented probable cause to LaPorte County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Julianne Havens and later to LaPorte County Circuit Court from the findings of their investigation.
As a result, MORGAN has been charged with the following offenses:
- Count I - Murder, L1 Felony
- Count II - Neglect of a Dependent, L5 Felony
- Count III - Neglect of a Dependent, L5 Felony
- Count IV - Neglect of a Dependent, L6 Felony
- Count V - Neglect of a Dependent, L6 Felony
- Count VI- Neglect of a Dependent, L6 Felony
- Count VII- Cruelty to an Animal, A-Misdemeanor
Morgan remains housed at the LaPorte County Jail without the possibility of bond.
Meanwhile, 16 News Now has learned that Judah’s mother, 26-year-old Mary Yoder, has also been booked into the LaPorte County Jail. Yoder is being detained on a 48-hour hold while investigators look to see if there is probable cause for an arrest.
The investigation remains ongoing.
Copyright 2021 WNDU. All rights reserved.