Accidental fire destroys Argos barn

Published: Jul. 6, 2021 at 4:26 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

ARGOS, Ind. (WNDU) - A fire in Argos destroys a barn.

It started around 3 p.m. Tuesday in the 18000 block of Kenilworth Road.

The fire department says the homeowner was burning trash when the flames got out of hand.

Thankfully, no animals were lost in the blaze.

“Things are starting to dry out quite a bit now with the sun and no rain the last couple of days.. but just be cautious because it doesn’t take much for the wind to carry a spark or an ember and get something else on fire obviously as you can see in the background,” says Dennis Mark, PR Lieutenant for Argos Fire.

Firefighters were able to put out the fire and save a neighboring structure.

This fire is not related to the series of Michiana barn fires we’ve been investigating.

But, we’ll have more on whether or not those are connected on Thursday on 16 News Now at 6.

Copyright 2021 WNDU. All rights reserved.